Simethicone Antifoam C100F
Basildon Chemicals Simethicone Antifoam C100F is a highly effective 100% silicone antifoam compound for use in pharmaceutical products and in manufactured and tested to the USP simethicone monograph.
Simethicone C100F is designed to be used in the formulation of antacid & antiflatulant preparations for oral consumption. The main dosage form in which this product is used is the manufacture of compressed tablets. It is mainly used neat but can be combined with other non-aqueous ingredients before use, if required. In tablet production it is often pre-absorbed onto powder carriers such as starches & sugars prior to tabletisation.
Simethicone C100F is manufactured under GMP conditions & complies with the following monograph:
Simethicone USP (US Pharmacopoeia)
- Outstanding reliability and versatilty
- Highly effective in foam control
- Acceptable for use in pharmaceutical products under most countries' regulations<l/i>
- Specific gravity (25°C): 1.0
- Viscosity (25°C): 3000 cP
- Colour: Translucent grey viscous liquid
- % PDMS: 95%
- % Silica: 5%
- Antiflatulent preparations