Basildon Chemicals Antifoam BC 2266 is a 100% active silicone compound developed especially for brown stock washing and for difficult foaming conditions (high temperature, high alkalinity). BC Antifoam 2266 is a translucent, viscous, pseudoplastic compound of polydimethyl siloxane fluid and a highly treated hydrophobic silica.
- Excellent foam control and foam knock down.
- Improves paper pulp washing efficiency
- Low level addition versus organic oil-based antifoams
- Extreme pH and temperature resistant antifoam
Food Contact Status
- BC Antifoam 2266 complies with: FDA 21 CFR 176.210 “Defoaming agents used in the manufacture of paper and paperboard”
- BgVV Recommendation XXXVI – “Papiere, Kartons und Pappen für den Lebensmittel kontact”
- % Active Content: 100
- Specific gravity: 1.0 at 25°C
- Viscosity: 55000 – 95000cPs
- Appearance: Translucent, grey
- Silica content: 6%
- Brown stock washing
- Detergent slurry deaeration
- Detergent powder premixes